Optimization of packaging converting companies is a key element for their sucess in today’s competitive market.
If optimization is performed properly:
- Decreases non-conformities
- Reduces production costs
- Enhances and stabilizes final product’s quality
We are happy to announce that Pack-Lab recently completed a rigorous consulting project on behalf of a flexible packaging converting company in the EU, which aimed to reduce non-conformities, minimize wasted materials during production and increase productivity.
Numbers achieved after 10 months of efforts are astonishing, given that this particular converter recently switched to recyclable materials (almost 75 % of the production is recyclable laminates). These materials are still a niche market and (for those who know better) their quality has not been 100 % stabilized by suppliers or converters yet.
With Pack-Lab’s assistance and with extensive work by all teams involved (production, R&D, supplies), we managed to
- Increase productivity by 28 %
- Decrease non-conformities number by 56 % and in monetary units by 43 %, compared to last year and
- Decrease wasted materials by 4,5 % in internal procedures by providing a total saving of 180.000 euros
If you are interested in optimization projects like the above, contact us here or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
More information regarding consulting services offered by our company can be found here.